Cathay Pacific Travel the World in 80 Days Competition
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on January 24, 2011 at 12:01 a.m. Hong Kong Time ("HKT"), ends on April 14, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. HKT (the "Contest Period") and consists of three (3) phases as set forth in the chart below.
|Phase||Start Date (at 12:00 a.m. HKT)||End Date (at 11:59 p.m. HKT)|
|Submission||January 24, 2011||March 6, 2011|
|Judging||March 7, 2011||March 13, 2011|
|Final Interview||April 12, 2011 (during event time)||April 14, 2011 (during event time)|
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, visit http://www.cathaypacific.com/80days and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form. Then, follow the directions to upload one (1) text description, photo, or video that answers the question: "Where in the world would you go in 80 days?" The text description, photo or video you enter will hereafter be referred to as your submission ("Submission"). By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Promotion if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
· The Submission (if text) must be in DOCX, DOC or TXT format;
· The Submission (if text) is recommended to remain at two (200) hundred words or fewer;
· The Submission (if photo) must be in JPG, PNG or TIFF format;
· The Submission (if photo) is recommended to have a resolution of 640x480 or above;
· The Submission (if photo) must not exceed five (5) MB in size;
· The Submission (if video) must be in WMV, MOV or MPG format;
· The Submission (if video) is recommended to have a resolution of 1290x720 (16x9 High Definition) or 640x480 (4:3 Standard Defenition);
· The Submission (if video) must not exceed forty (40) MB in size;
· The Submission (if video) must be between thirty (30) and sixty (60) seconds in length;
· The Submission (if video) must not contain any background music, but may contain sound effects;
· The Submission, regardless of whether it is a text description, photo or video, should only include content communicated in English; and
· The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind, or exhibited, or displayed publicly through any means.
· The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
· The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Promotion;
· The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest;
· The Submission must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant;
· The Submission must not infringe on any individual's privacy or reveal any personal information about any individual;
· The Submission must not contain material that is dangerous, violent, inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
· The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
· The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Winner Selection: Winners will be determined according to the process set forth below.
a. Judging Phase: During the Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will evaluate all of the eligible Submissions across all eligible countries based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
· Fit to Contest Theme (33%).
Subject to the entrants' compliance with these Official Rules, the entrants' from whom Submissions receive the eight (8) highest scores, as determined by the qualified judges, will be deemed the finalists ("Finalists") and potential Finalist Prize winners. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest Creativity score, as determined by the qualified judges, will be deemed the Finalist. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than eight (8) Finalists if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. Sponsor further reserves the right not to select a Finalist from any one of the countries participating.
b. Final Interview: During the Final Interview Phase, the Finalists will need to present a travel plan to the qualified judges, as well as complete on the spot exercises that demonstrate the Finalists written communication skills. The Finalists will be evaluated by a panel of qualified judges based on the following criteria ("Judging Criteria"):
· Creativity (34%);
· Originality (33%); and
· Fit to Contest Theme (33%).
Subject to the Finalists' compliance with these Official Rules, the Finalist or Finalists who's Submission or Submissions the qualified judges feel should be Grand Prize winning Submissions, will each be deemed a potential Grand Prize winner. Up to all eight (8) Grand Prize winners may be selected by the qualified judges, but no fewer than one (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected.
7. Winner Requirements: All potential winners will be notified by email, mail or phone. The potential Finalist Prize winners will be notified on or around March 11, 2011; the potential Grand Prize winner will be notified on or around May 4, 2011. Each potential winner (parent/legal guardian if a minor in his/her place of residence) will be required to execute and return to Administrator, within three (3) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (if winner is U.S. resident) or a Declaration of Compliance (if winner is a Canadian resident) in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit or Declaration within the required time period, or does not comply with these Official Rules, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only two (2) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state/providence, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
8. Prizes: UP TO EIGHT (8) FINALIST PRIZES: A trip for the winner to Hong Kong and the opportunity for the winner to participate in the Final Interview. Trip package includes round-trip coach class air transportation from an airport near winner's home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Hong Kong; three (3) nights' accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); and the opportunity for the winner to participate in the Final Interview (all details of opportunity determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $2,330 USD. Winner must travel on April 11, 2011 and return on April 14, 2011 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
UP TO ONE (1) GRAND PRIZES: Unlimited Economy Class travel for winner via Sponsor or Hong Kong Dragon Airlines Limited ("Dragonair") operated flights for eighty (80) days between June 1, 2011 and August 31, 2011, with no repeated routes ("Eligible Travel"), up to three (3) nights' accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion at each destination city chosen by the winner (single room, double occupancy accommodations); travel insurance for all Eligible Travel (all details regarding travel insurance provided to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); and $2,400 HKD allowance per day for meals and a $400 HKD allowance per day for local transportation (total allowance value not to exceed $76,800 HKD from the June 1, 2011 through August 31, 2011 time period). All Eligible Travel is subject to flight and booking availability. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $36,846 USD.
For All Prizes: Travel must be round-trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. If winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Winner and travel companion (if applicable) are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Actual value of prize may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, McCann Erickson, Universal McCann, Administrator and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all, non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan, U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/e8jTwX. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.) AND CANADA, 18 AND OLDER who did not purchase any equipment for purposes of entering the Contest. Enter Contest by: 3/6/11. For Official Rules and complete details, visit http://www.cathaypacific.com/80days. Sponsor: Cathay Pacific Airways, LTD.
2. ABBREVIATED RULES for Print
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.) AND CANADA, 18 YEARS AND OLDER who did not purchase any equipment for purposes of entering the Contest. Enter Contest by: 3/6/11. For Official Rules and prize description, visit http://www.cathaypacific.com/80days. Sponsor: Cathay Pacific Airways, LTD, 360 Post Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94108, U.S.A.
3. Abbreviated rules for online Ads – Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter Contest by: 3/6/11. To enter and for Official Rules, visit http://www.cathaypacific.com/80days.
4. Abbreviated Rules for online Ads – Not a Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older who did not purchase any equipment for purposes of entering the Contest. Enter Contest by: 3/6/11. To enter and for Official Rules, including prize description, visit http://www.cathaypacific.com/80days. Void in Quebec and where prohibited.